My First Tag, from a wonderful poetess, Divya…. And I am overwhelmed!! Thanks Divya.
So here goes………..
8 Things I am most passionate about/ love most
I actually am passionate about quite a few things. Passionate is a strong word, and its “8 Things I love Most” seem to fit into my bill!
My Sony Ericsson W580i phone. This is one Device you will never see me even dead without.
Animals. My lifelong awe of pets and wild animals and nature, is one of the driving forces for my blog.
Food!. Yes. I’m a foodaholic. I just love food. But my mom never lets me get anywhere near a kitchen if (and when) I feel the urge to prepare some for myself.(unless its top ramen or curry!)
My Linux Fixation. I love programming in Linux. It helps me de-stress. Linux has been one of my greatest passions. My favorite Linux OS is Sabayon Linux 3.3(based on gentoo)
My Poetry. I started poetry when I was in 5th standard. Though I lost touch after 10th grade, I recently decided to pursue it once more.
Digit. This magazine has been my bible since 2004. Can’t live without my monthly dose of Technology!!!
Books. There are some things that just can’t be ignored. For me, books were the windows to the outside world for a long, long time. I owe my vocabulary and conversational skills to these awesome portals of learning.
Chess. I love this battle of the minds

8 things I wanna do before I die (omg!)
This is more like a wish list, and a passionate one at that. If given a chance, I would love to carry out these desires of mine!
  • Meet Prof. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
  • Meet Madonna
  • Kick Charles Sobhraj in the Shins
  • Try out Paragliding
  • Try to get into ISRO
  • Have a game of chess with Vishwanathan Anand
  • Visit the Pyramids
  • Get into the cockpit of the Airbus A380!
8 THINGS I OFTEN SAY…
That’s hard! I could not remember a single thing!!! Oh wait. . . . There are a few words that I usually use…
  • “Obviously” – well, obviously!!
  • “Hey! Earth to !” - if the particular friend has lost his trail of thoughts and has already reached mars searching for it!
  • Many of my sentences start with “hey guys…. Listen Up!....”! coz most seem to think my ideas are a load of crap!
  • “Are you usually this dumb or is this a special attempt today?” - This one goes along with a choice of my “gaalis” to the “Innocent schnook of the day”
  • I’m so sorry, but there is this (“unparliamentary”) F*** word which I end up adding in a lot of permutations and combinations, when I’m supremely pissed off. The string usually goes off like : ” Where in the f****ng wide world is my f****ng memory card? I need the f****ng memory card to avoid F*****ng up my entire f****ng Presentation..…“ Well, You get my idea!!
  • “This is Bloody awesome!!” - even when it sometimes is not. (I hav to keep my friend’s spirits up right?)
  • “Has anyone seen my Bluetooth dongle?” Coz I do seem to keep losing it now and then, like playing peek-a-boo with it. :-(
  • “Oh Crap! I exhausted my currency in my prepaid account again!! Woe is me!!” Believe me, This happens very, very frequently.
8 BOOKS I LAST READ
When I say “read”, I mean “Read-AND-loved-AND-completed-the-book-without-losing-interest”. Not many books come under that category, but lemme see. . . .
  • A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawkings One of my most favorite and most revered Idols of modern science (and Nobel winner); this one is every budding (and experienced) Astrophysicist’s Bible.
  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho One hell of a classic work. You just have to read it to understand Why its Number 2 on the list.
  • Wings of fire by A.P.J. Abdul Kalam The book written by our former president, is a must read for EVERY person who calls himself an INDIAN.
  • The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy By J.R.R. Tolkien Ultimate fiction classic. There are cult followings for this epic series. You are missing out on something too good if you are letting this book pass……
  • The Afghan by Frederick Forsyth This is one of the best action novels I’ve read. Few can come up to its level.
  • Angels and demons by Dan Brown The Controversial Author Strikes again! This is a prequel to the book that shattered the Christian world( For you morons who don’t know, the book I’m referring to is The Da Vinci Code).
  • Eragon By Christopher Paolini This includes the next volume of the continuing series, called “Eldest”
  • The Harry potter series By Joanne K. Rowling
  • No booklist is complete without the seven book blockbuster legacy of J.KR
8 songs I love (Sigh!)
I love these songs. Just can’t get enough of them. To me, these are the songs that keep floating around in your head all day long even if you Half-heard them only once over your morning coffee and Times of India, that too coming from your brother’s/sister’s iPod…… You get my drift, don’t you?
Anyways, here they are!
Do note that they are not placed in any order of preference, as I just love ALL of them, and can’t decide which one’s the best.
  • Unforgivable Sinner by Lene Marlin A beautiful song from one of my favorite female singers. It makes me sober up and think, every time I hear this song.
  • Trouble Nobody by Akon One groovy song from my favorite rapper. Nothing Beats you Akon! I love his other songs too, but this one rules the roost!
  • I Can’t Stop by Will Smith This One has a Spanish – salsa groove mix backdrop, which I just can’t seem to get enough of; Ever! Makes me really wanna dance!
  • The Party Starter by Will Smith One Kick-ass song! This one took the crown forcibly from my previous favorite song (viz. Yeah! By Usher)
  • In the End by Linkin Park This one was the first English song I ever liked. And it seems to relate so well with my life, that I don’t think it’s ever going to step down from the pedestal!
  • The “Bear” Necessities by Phil Harris This song is the closest to my heart. Taken from the old movie :”The Jungle Book”(1987) , made by Walt Disney, based on the book written by Rudyard Kipling. I am sure you guys have not forgotten “Mowgli”, the little thin jungle bred boy!!
  • Hey Mr. Tambourine man by Bob Dylan. This one is a nice song, but it has a hidden meaning, and is so well versed and intricate, that I fell in love with the song. Try it once you guys, and tell me if you understand the hidden meaning!
Another Brick in the Wall by The Pink Floyd One classic song. You just have to listen to this ageless classic song. None can ever reach the zenith The Pink Floyd reached.
I love many other songs, as much as those mentioned above, Like those by Madonna(4 Minutes, Heartbeat, Die Another Day…etc), Enrique Iglesias (Ring My bells, Don’t turn off the lights, Rhythm Divine, Bailamos), Avril Lavigne(Girlfriend, Sk8ter Boy, I’m With you, etc), Elena(Before I Sleep), Sting(Desert Rose{with Cheb Mami}, Thousand Years, etc)et cetra.
But Since I have only 8 slots to fill, I gotta give them some space! some place!!




AND NOW, I Tag!!
  • Nandhini (Nan, You are now officially tagged!)
  • Arun P.K. (I wanna know more about the man behind the timbucktoo blog!)
  • Ayushi (i really want to see your answers!)
  • Winnie the poohi (Where are you???)
  • Aditya (Or is it Arbitya?)
  • Lena (Hey you gotta do this!!)